Siara Designs® is excited to offer its financial support to students in all areas of study throughout the United States via the Sustainability in Environment, Art, and Creativity Scholarship. This scholarship, worth $2,500, demands that students critically examine the ways that various artistic mediums elaborate on the core tenets of sustainability.
SIARA DESIGNS takes great joy in marrying the relationship between nature, a person’s health, and the environment’s overall well-being. Students applying for the Sustainability in Environment, Art, and Creativity Scholarship are expected to submit 500 to 1,000-word essays for the team’s consideration.
These essays should detail a student’s thoughts on the embodiment of that relationship and how art may contribute to the sustainability movement in years to come.
Scholarship applicants should submit all relevant materials to SIARA DESIGNS’ scholarship committee no later than June 15, 2023. SIARA DESIGNS reserves up to three months to consider students’ applications. The team wishes applying students the best of luck and looks forward to learning more about this generation’s perspective on creative sustainability efforts.
Who is Eligible for the Sustainability in Environment, Art, and Creativity Scholarship?
SIARA DESIGNS accepts applications for the Sustainability in Environment, Art, and Creativity Scholarship to both graduate and undergraduate students. To qualify for the scholarship, all applicants must submit evidence indicating that they meet the scholarship’s criteria. This includes:
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- You are enrolled in or accepted at an accredited college, university, or graduate school in the United States
- You agree to the scholarship terms and conditions
- Submit the necessary application materials
How Do I Apply?
So long as you are eligible for the Sustainability in Environment, Art, and Creativity Scholarship, you can craft an applicable essay and submit it alongside the aforementioned materials. You can specifically:
Once your essay is complete:
- Fill out the application form on this page
- Upload a copy of your unofficial transcript
- Upload a copy of your scholarship essay
- Submit proof of enrollment/acceptance to an accredited college/ university/ graduate school (Student ID; Letter of acceptance; etc.)
Scholarship Essay Topic
SIARA DESIGNS wants students to use 500 to 1,000-word essays to elaborate on the relationship between the environment, art, and creativity. The essay does not have to hinge on the topic of sustainability, but students can use sustainability and environmentalism as a jumping-off point when first brainstorming their topic of choice.
SIARA DESIGNS invites students to consider the following questions. Applicants are not required to answer these questions when submitting their essays to the team.
- Can the environment serve as a medium through which people can express their creativity? Is it safe to use the environment as a form of self-expression?
- How has the student seen art and media used in environmental efforts?
- How can the sustainability movement better use creative avenues to spread its message?
- What kinds of creativity benefit the sustainability movement?
- How do the concepts of sustainability and creativity interact?
Students have until June 15, 2023, to submit all of their application materials to the SIARA DESIGNS team. The team will not consider applications submitted after this deadline.
SIARA DESIGNS reserves up to three months from the day the scholarship application closes to review submitted materials. The team will inform the scholarship winner and work with that winner to ensure that the scholarship’s $2,500 goes to the appropriate educational institution.
At this time, the SIARA DESIGNS team cannot answer any questions about the Sustainability in Environment, Art, and Creativity Scholarship submitted via email or phone call. Please do not contact the team with questions about the scholarship. Students and their loved ones can refer to the scholarship’s terms and conditions for all information needed to complete an application.
Terms and Conditions
All applicants to this scholarship must meet the eligibility requirements as laid out on the scholarship application page, including:
- Applicant must be enrolled at a college, university, or graduate school.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old at the age of enrollment.
- Applicant must have residency in the United States.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing.
- Applicant must submit some personal information, including name, contact information, and proof of enrollment.
- Applicant must author an original essay on the scholarship essay topic provided.
Anyone who meets the following conditions is NOT eligible to apply:
- Employees or children of employees of SIARA DESIGNS
- Past recipients of the Sustainability in Environment, Art, and Creativity Scholarship
- Applicants who are unable/unwilling to be interviewed by a representative of SIARA DESIGNS if they were to be awarded a scholarship.
- Applicants who submit the same essay for multiple scholarships
Selection & Award Notification Process
SIARA DESIGNS cannot consider applications for its Sustainability in Environment, Art, and Creativity Scholarship if those applications come in after the June 15, 2023 deadline. Upon the closing of the scholarship, the team will elect a scholarship selection committee to assess students’ applications.
Age, race, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, or other protected classes will have no influence on the committee’s decision.
The team will only contact the scholarship recipient once the committee comes to its decision. Please do not contact SIARA DESIGNS with questions about your application status. Interested parties can keep an eye on the SIARA DESIGNS blog for updates on the scholarship’s status.
SIARA DESIGNS will work directly with a student and their college or university to ensure that the Sustainability in Environment, Art, and Creativity Scholarship funds are delivered to the appropriate body.
Your personal information will not be given, sold, or distributed to third parties.
We reserve the right to use the winners’ names and photos in any announcement or communication related to the Scholarships, on SIARA DESIGNS’ website, in marketing materials, or in social media posts.
By submitting your application, you agree to our public use of your name and image.
SIARA DESIGNS is proud to debut its Sustainability in Environment, Art, and Creativity Scholarship in 2023. In the coming years, interested students can read more about previous scholarship winner courtesy of Siara Design’s related blogs and press releases.